WHAT YOU PROVIDE & WHAT WE PROVIDE
PLANNING YOUR WEBSITE
This is a process that will have a tremendous effect
on how it turns out. How well you have planned will effect how
your new website will look, how well it will function, how completely
it meets your needs and expectations, and how much it will cost!
In this section we will try to address every question you may
have about planning and creating your perfect website.
There is a great deal you can do to reduce the total cost
of your site. By planning thoroughly and providing the information
we need in the form that we need, you can help us build your
site quickly and to your expectations. This will save you money.
EASY STEP PREPARATION GUIDELINES
- Decide purpose of site. Do you want to provide information
for clients and customers, or sell products directly (Do you
need a Shopping Cart, Merchant Account?)
- Do you need to register a Domain Name? (ie: www.yourname.com)
If so, we can help you check availability and register your domain
- Do you need hosting? High quality hosting at very reasonable
prices is available with Acklie Web Design, or you may choose
another company to host your website.
- Plan out the number of pages and their titles. The name of
your homepage might be your company name and whatever product
you are offering. Titles/links to other pages might be "About
Company", "Products", "Services", "Contact",
"FAQ", "Guestbook", "Order Form",
- Get a copy of company logo, letterhead, (hard copy or digital
format) brochures, catalog, etc. and mail or email them to Acklie
- Decide specifically what graphics/photos you would like on
your site and which pages your want them on. Label them by name
and where they will be located on your site. Send the photos
for scanning or send digitized images on a zip disk or CD-Rom
or by email
- Compose and format text to be on each page of site. All text
and information is to be provided by the client and provided
via zip disk or CD Rom, email, or sent to Acklie Web Design by
- Decide if you want any additional options for your site:
Shopping Cart, Site-Map, Guestbook, Links to Related Sites, Sound
or Music, Animation, Additional Forms, Java Scollers & Effects,
Autoresponders, Password Protection, Bulletin Boards or a Database.
- Do some research on the internet. Using various search engines,
do a number of searches using keywords that you think are best
for a site like yours. Bookmark the sites that come up in the
top 2 or 3 positions when the keywords you have used bring up
a lot of relevant websites. This will give you important keyword
knowledge, ideas for the layout and content of your site, and
examples of sites that rank high with search engines for Acklie
Web Design to work from to design effective meta tags and keyword
- Browse the links at the bottom of this page for answers to
questions and for ideas about planning and building a successful
website with Acklie Web Design as your partner.
WHAT YOU PROVIDE
- Outline of website pages, starting with the homepage
- Titles for each page
- Text for each page, preferably formatted the way you want it to look on the website.
We will need to charge an hourly rate to author, type or format
text that is not in a standard formatted file form.
- Logo in hard copy or digital file form. Logo design is available
if you need us to create your logo for $150-$500 depending on its complexity.
- Photos and graphics for each page in the form of photos for
scanning or in digital file form. Each image should be labeled
by name and the location where your want it displayed. Photos
and graphics that require extensive cleaning up or editing will
be charged our hourly rate.
- Keywords that you decide are the most important to use for
search engine registration, we are happy to help you with this
- All materials and information are to provided to Acklie Web
Design in a timely fashion to facilitate project completion according
to agreed upon timeline.
We will be happy to assist you with any of the above during
consultation phone calls and via email. We are also available
to take care of any part of the above that you cannot provide
and will perform that work at our hourly rate.
WHAT ACKLIE WEB DESIGN PROVIDES
- Custom design and layout including clean, validated HTML,
- Creation & development of site
- Handle web hosting administrative details, set-up email forwarding
- Custom graphics, including lines, bullets, buttons, background,
masthead and page headers from your logo
- Meta tags utilizing keywords and site description provided
- Basic search engine registration with the major search engines.
- Completion of work in a timely fashion agreed upon by both
- Uploading of your site to your domain upon completion of
agreed upon work, and upon receipt of the total balance due
- Maintence and updates of your site
- Consistent, friendly service